In the wake of the racist comments allegedly made by the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers basketball team it made me think of the wealthy people I have encountered. I have interacted with a handful of people in my line of work that have amassed millions of dollars and have yet to find one that has impressed me as a person. In America the pursuit of happiness usually is equated with the pursuit of money, power, and the materials you can obtain with money and power. We have been tricked into believing the more we have the happier we will be. Yet scripture informs us that money will not please us like society seems to indicate. “He who loves silver will not be satisfied with silver; Nor he who loves abundance, with increase. This also is vanity.” – Ecclesiastes 5:10 It should not be surprising that individuals who have devoted their lives to becoming successful by worldly standards are quite unsuccessful by Godly standards and don’t have true joy. The Bible clearly states you cannot serve two masters. “You cannot serve God and money” (see Matthew 6:24-34). Making Jesus Christ Lord of your life is the only legitimate way to bring true joy into your life…1 Peter 1:8 calls it an “unspeakable joy” and you will be a much better person for it. In conclusion, let us be willing to forgive those who have done wrong while we pray that they get to know Jesus and the joy that salvation brings.
- First Born Church of God in Christ on 04/29/2016 11:00 am
- MOR at Correctional Industrial Facility – Indiana on 05/12/2016
- Adarrel Omar Fisher guest preaching and performing at SCI-Rockview on 11-10-2016 on 11/10/2016 6:00 pm
- Adarrel Omar Fisher Guest Preaching at St. Brides Correctional 11-20-2016 on 11/20/2016 6:00 pm
- MOR in Uganda Jan 27 to Feb 5, 2017 on 01/27/2017